Summer is normally a hectic time of year for many families in Philadelphia. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any host of other fun activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Philadelphia heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Philadelphia heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Stallion Heating Plumbing Air Conditioning a call at 215-278-9690 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is running at its highest level in the Philadelphia heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a short break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a break as it may also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when organizing outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Philadelphia temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than normal. It can help you cool down a tad quicker so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.