Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are a few points to consider, as well as the perks of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can probably delay it.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? Many homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by running at multiple speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the total comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the correct amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. A new air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Stallion Heating Plumbing Air Conditioning, can determine that static pressure of your system and make the correct recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your pocketbook if you replace both components at the same time.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are properly sized, there aren’t usually any large immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can avoid the short-term patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll enjoy these pluses:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at the highest efficiency, making your residence comfier and decreasing your annual energy bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in at once. And you might even qualify for a special deal as you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Stallion Heating Plumbing Air Conditioning. We get the price of replacing your full system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and just one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 215-278-9690 to get an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.