When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water appears clear, it may still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people don't like the taste of polluted tap water and grasp the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have healthy drinking water at home.
If you want to protect your family’s health, you may first think about trying the bottled water route. Unfortunately, this gets pricey almost immediately. In addition, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up polluting the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and better for the environment than using so much bottled water. It may also provide healthier water much more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, allowing you to capitalize on the benefits everywhere you use water in your home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filtration system, learn about what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate hazardous contaminants. Then, choose Stallion Heating Plumbing Air Conditioning to help you find and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality may differ by location, but some of the most prevalent contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that regulated water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap, furnishing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to drink. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can become concentrated in the water main soon after heavy rains. While typically harmless, sediment will make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant also adds dangerous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. A few DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration system. Besides being cleaner for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more murky water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that healthy water doesn’t have to bring higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s structure, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Stallion Heating Plumbing Air Conditioning, we install different types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to scale back water hardness, eliminate bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, simple and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Stallion Heating Plumbing Air Conditioning office for help finding a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.