Stopping it from happening is the most crucial place to begin. Taking appropriate safety precautions will lower your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Philadelphia.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Heat up your car outside your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These things are safe when run correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when run for a long period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, because it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are working properly, particularly your heater. You can ensure efficient, safe operation by booking routine furnace maintenance with Stallion Heating Plumbing Air Conditioning.