What is carbon monoxide?
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a clear, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by insufficient fuel combustion usually caused by insufficient oxygen. In your home, appliances that need natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not working properly or have been installed incorrectly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces may also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is poisonous to the body and is deadly at increased levels or with long exposure.